Director of Property Management, Project H.O.M.E.
Posted by on January 21, 2013
Director of Property Management, Project H.O.M.E.
Posted on: January 2, 2013
The primary responsibility of the Director of Property Management is to implement property management strategies and initiatives in accordance with established goals and objectives. In this capacity, the Director of Property Management will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational activities for all properties within the portfolio (residential, commercial, health care and community facilities) and ensure that all personnel under their supervision are fully supported, trained and embrace Project H.O.M.E.’s vision and mission to achieve and maintain excellence in all housing and facilities operations.
Director of Property Management will be responsible for the following higher level functions:
- Strategic Planning: Working closely with the Vice President of Property and Asset Management with refining and implementing property management strategies that best support and promote the Project H.O.M.E. mission. Provide leadership and guidance to staff ensuring that established goals of the strategic plan are met.
- Long Term Tactical Planning: Maximize the operating efficiency and financial performance of the portfolio by identifying strategic and tactical initiatives. Advise the Vice President of Property and Asset Management on new and innovative operational advancements and make recommendations regarding key company planning issues.
- Create and maintain inviting and supportive environments at all properties within the portfolio by providing leadership and guidance in ensuring all communities embrace Project H.O.M.E.’s vision that safe, high quality living and working environments are the standard and not the exception.
- Annual Budgeting and Forecasting: Take the lead in the preparation and management of annual operating and capital budgets for all housing operations and facilities.
- Ensure that standardized procedures, policies and training programs are developed and consistently implemented throughout the portfolio to achieve regulatory compliance with all local, state and federal housing authorities and regulatory agencies. Where necessary, facilitate process improvement changes.
- Track and monitor compliance of mandatory City, State and Federal inspections and other annual building system inspections, such as fire alarm, sprinkler, extinguishers, elevator, standpipe, etc.
- Maintain and enhance a robust work order tracking database; to assemble and disseminate regular reporting on all work orders, revealing elapsed times for each type of repair, product replacement histories and scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Set overall operational and financial goals and objectives for each property within the portfolio, develop reporting mechanisms to hold Managers accountable for the operational performance of their portfolios; develop organizational capacity and instill a model of teamwork among and between workgroups.
- Team Dynamics and Individual Staff Development: Creating a cohesive and dedicated team; mentor and coach staff by facilitating leadership development and growth opportunities. Direct supervision of the Property Managers.
- New Developments: Provide informed input with respect to design review and operating budget review. Working closely with the Director of Facilities and Sustainability, ensure effective construction to operations transition on all major residential and non-residential developments
Examples of Specific Job Activities
1.Oversee the tracking, reporting and monitoring of strategic and operational goals.
2.Assist in the review, development and implementation of standardized policies and procedures.
3.Conduct formal bi-annual inspections of all facilities, with more frequent inspections as needed for operationally challenged properties.
4.Review Monthly Financial Reports track variances and ensure smooth recovery.
5.Conduct regular reviews of performance goals and develop property specific strategic plans for enhanced operational performance where necessary.
6.Act as a liaison with local, state and federal housing authorities and agencies and participate in meeting and inspections with owners, investors, government agencies and residents as necessary.
7.Working closely with the Director of Facilities and Sustainability monitor maintenance services to ensure quality, timely and cost effective delivery.
8.Participate in the development and support the implementation of trainings and staff development
9.Review and submit approvals for purchases and/or contractual services per stipulated amount.
10.Develop/manage annual operating and capital budgets.
11.Assist in determining appropriate staffing levels, hiring and training of staff.
12.Develop and foster relationships with key clients, industry and trade associations, government representatives, public service organizations, customer groups and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the portfolio while also addressing program and funding issues associated with our housing operations.
Project H.O.M.E. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Bachelors degree in a related field
- A minimum of 7 years experience of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, with a specializing in affordable housing;
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience;
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to plan and manage change;
- CPM designation or in process, preferred;
- Experience with the development and oversight of complex budgets;
- Strong organization and administrative skills;
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of property management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Travel to all sites required; valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.