Director Of Program Operations, Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Posted by Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia on March 5, 2018
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for a Director of Program Operations. This position reports directly to the Chief Program and Strategy Officer. It has authority to act on behalf of the Jewish Federation on matters related to grants management, scholarship administration, and program finances in support of community needs and programming and relationships with key community audiences and professionals in the field. It has shared accountability for activities and operating results in this area of the Jewish Federation effort.
The Director has direct supervisory responsibility of the Program Operations Associate. It maintains strong working relationships with the Jewish Federation’s Program, Fundraising, and Finance staff in the design and implementation of the grants processes and program operations’ finances, and a consulting relationship with staff of organizations that receive Jewish Federation funding.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist Chief Program and Strategy Officer in the annual program operations forecast and budget process.
- Review all budgets and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances with Finance staff, as appropriate. Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with program and grants budgets throughout the period.
- Analyze operational data and model the financial impact of a variety of program operations decisions. Present options to leadership to drive process and cost efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Program Operations, Fundraising, and Finance staff to determine the financial feasibility of a program or grant initiative.
- Manage a transparent process for the entire grants lifecycle, from request to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring, and post-award management.
- Manage the review of funding requests for completeness, eligibility, and ensure compliance with IRS regulations.
- Promote data-driven decision-making by the committees by evaluating grants proposals recommended for funding to formulate the projected achievement of the grants.
- Manage a transparent process for the entire scholarship lifecycle, from request to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
- In coordination with program and engagement teams, help shape standards and deadlines for applications, including required documents, and fields to be added/tracked in scholarship management system.
Essential qualifications & competencies:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of professional experience in a grants management or program operations related role, preferably with a non-profit and/or foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to non-profits and foundations.
- Superior organizational skills and detail-oriented with attention to accuracy, deadlines, and ability to prioritize.
- Keen analytical and critical thinking skills; an eye towards system improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to find solutions and strengthen processes and practices for maximum impact.
- Strong customer service orientation, particularly when working with grantees. Comfortable interacting respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with grants management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to produce deliverables accurately, with minimal oversight, reliably, and in a timely manner.
For more information and to apply:
Submit resume and a letter detailing your qualifications and compensation requirements, in confidence, to HR@jewishphilly.org.
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
- Executive Director, Catto Scholarship, Community College of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.