Director of Operations, Relay Graduate School of Education
Posted by Relay Graduate School of Education on April 16, 2018
Start Date: Spring/ Early Summer 2018
The Director of Operations will work closely with the Dean, the Senior Director of National Operations, and other regional and national colleagues to ensure that Relay is providing high-quality education to candidates enrolled at Relay Philadelphia & Camden. Reporting to the Dean and supported by the Senior Director of National Operations, the Director of Operations is a key member of the campus and national Program Operations teams. Serving as a deputy to the Dean, the Director of Operations will play an important role in regional strategy, partnerships, cross-team communication, and systems building. Additionally, the Director of Operations is responsible for day-to-day regional operations, student services, and program administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Strategy and Partnerships
- Work with the Dean to gather market data and set a strategic plan and budget for the Relay campus.
- Manage relationships with regional partners and develop new partnerships to support the achievement of Relay’s mission and grow student enrollment.
Campus Operations and Student Services
- Plan and execute all non-academic aspects of the candidate life cycle including recruitment, admissions, enrollment, registration, and certification
- Oversee general program administration including student data management, budgeting, and the academic calendar
- Develop expertise in all matters related to teacher certification, support eligible teachers in completing certification requirements and processes, complete annual reporting to regulatory agencies, and submit regulatory applications as needed
- Secure instructional facilities on an annual and term-by-term basis
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistics for all class sessions, including setting up classrooms and supplies and communicating to candidates and instructors
- Plan and execute large-scale regional events including recruitment events, orientation, master’s defenses and graduation
- Work closely with Relay’s Student Services teams, including the Office of Admissions & Enrollment, Student Financial Services, Technology, and Curriculum Design to create a great experience for candidates
- Manage the Coordinator of Operations
- Manage campus office
- Complete national regulatory reports including Title II and Clery reports
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
First and foremost, the Director of Operations must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through outstanding teacher training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- At least five years of work experience, preferably in urban education and/or operations
- BA/BS, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a PK-12 school setting preferred
- The ability to be flexible and nimble
- A desire to work in a start-up type environment within an established institution of higher education
- Strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
- Budget management experience preferred
- Partnership management experience preferred
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency
- An eagerness to help improve Relay’s program and operations
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of humor and zest
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the achievement gap
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
- Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.