Director of Operations – Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice
Posted by Temple University on December 18, 2018
The Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice launched in September 2018 in the College of Education at Temple University. It is an action research center focused on rethinking and restructuring higher education and social policies, practices, and resources to create opportunities for all students to complete college degrees.
The Director of Operations (“Director”) will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Center including accounts payable, payroll, grant management, human resources, assisting in organizational and program budgeting. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations will work closely with the Directors of Research, Communications, and Community Engagement and Research Applications to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s operations and financial functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in relevant fields such as education, public policy, the social sciences, business, or communications and at a least 5 years of directly related experience.An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to prioritize well and focus on completion of tasks and objectives in a fast-paced environment.
* General knowledge of human resources management and practices.
* Exceptional organization skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
* Ability to understand and analyze complex organizational policy and systems questions.
* Ability to overcome unforeseen obstacles and see projects through to completion.
* Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and manage confidential matters.
* Ability to remain flexible, calm under pressure, and adaptive to change as priorities shift.
* Strong leadership skills, self-direction, and self-motivation.
* Advanced degree, preferably in relevant fields such as education, public policy, the social sciences, business, or communications.
* 7-10 years of professional work experience, preferably in positions involving a significant volume of operational and project management responsibilities.
* Experience working with senior leadership to drive strategic priorities and a track record of results when managing complex projects and initiatives.
* Knowledge of higher education
* Experience with research center operations
Read more and apply: https://hope4college.com/join-our-team/
- Director, Workforce Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, City of Philadelphia
- Director, Racial Equity Strategy and Policy, City of Philadelphia
- Senior Director of Operations, Mastery Charter Schools
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.