Director Of Operations, Bethesda Project
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience to help those who are in need?
The Director of Operations is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, responsible for carrying out Bethesda Project’s mission through our business operations. This position carries significant decision-making, supervisory, and administrative responsibilities and requires a thorough understanding of Bethesda Project’s programming.
Bethesda Project serves Philadelphia’s homeless and formerly homeless men and women through its network of fourteen residential and shelter settings. In the past year, nearly 2000 homeless adults received housing, shelter, meals, and supportive services as they sought to manage their physical and mental illness, recover from addiction, and reclaim their dignity, self-worth and independence. Bethesda Project is 501(c)3 organization with an annual budget of nearly $5 million. For more information, visit http://www.bethesdaproject.org.
NOTE: This position is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be available to interview at our Administrative Offices, no travel reimbursements are available.
All replies must include your salary requirements for consideration in a Word or PDF format.
- Lead and supervise staff of five (5) including orientation, planning, organizing and directing work of Staff Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Operations Associate, Housekeeping Assistant, and Physical Plant Manager, while providing oversight of respective departmental functions;
- Provide oversight of repair and maintenance needs at seven Bethesda Project housing sites;
- Collaborate with Program Directors in the preparation annual contract renewals for government contracts, as needed;
- Manage vendor relationships including, researching, analyzing, and recommending cost saving measures from vendors and contracts for utilities, maintenance, services, operating and office supplies, etc.; and
- Review and audit operating supply inventory systems in place across the organization to promote efficiency and reduce loss.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of management and/or supervisory experience;
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills; and
- Computer literacy; proficient use of Microsoft Office.
Requires repetitive movement of hands and fingers for typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, sitting, walking and climbing stairs, occasional stooping, kneeling or crouching and lifting up to 20lbs. Ability to reach with hands and arms and perform audio and visual assessments, as required.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for over 38 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.