Director of Marketing and Development, Ralston Center
Posted by on January 21, 2013
Director of Marketing and Development
The Director of Marketing and Development is responsible for securing financial resources through grants and appeals which will support the organization’s programs and services. The Director is also responsible for helping to build and manage the organization’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of the organization. The Director reports to the CEO, and works closely with the Board and management of the organization. Bachelor’s degree required with at least 5 years’ experience in marketing and development. Master’s degree or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation preferred.
Interested individuals should send a letter of intent, resume and salary expectations to:
Joseph A. Lukach, CEO
3615 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Ralston Center is a not-for-profit organization, founded 196 years ago, whose mission is ‘To improve the health and quality of life for older adults in Philadelphia.” Ralston Center provides a wide variety of wellness programs for individuals 55+; provides award recognition for exceptional nursing students and Certified Nursing Assistants; has started and continues to operate an innovative program designed to help individuals age in their respective communities, and is the major partner in a housing development for low income seniors.
The Director of Marketing and Development is responsible for the development of all marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of Ralston Center. The Director of Marketing and Development, who will report to the CEO, will set the organization’s strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. The Director also builds and manages brand identity and all aspects of marketing communication to raise awareness of the organization and its programs throughout Philadelphia.
1. Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the CEO, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
2. Responsible for securing general operating and capacity building grants.
3. Responsible for developing and monitoring a realistic annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections.
4. Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
5. Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
6. Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
7. Develop and execute with the CEO a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
8. Responsible for managing and promoting three annual events.
9. Responsible with the CEO to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
10. Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals.
11. In conjunction with the CEO, assist with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
1. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
2. Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 5 years’ experience in marketing and development. Master’s degree or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation preferred.
3. Proven success in areas of individual and corporate giving as well as grant writing and funding.
4. High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for Ralston Center’s mission is essential.
5. Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
6. Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.