National Liberty Museum
Director of Marketing and Communications, National Liberty Museum
The Director of Marketing & Communications provides leadership and management to advance the marketing efforts of the Museum. This person is responsible for defining the overall marketing and communications strategy, linking it to the Museum’s overall strategy and contributing to the Museum’s organizational strategic planning process.This position is an integral part of the senior management team and will contribute to meeting organizational goals while being directly responsible for strategizing and developing the Museum’s marketing and communications objectives.
This person reports to the CEO and works closely with all levels within the Museum.
- Perform analysis of current marketing and communications assets, challenges and opportunities on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for developing and implementing operational and strategic plans for the Marketing Department to advance the Museum’s brand and support the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Develops and oversees the production of all of NLM’s print and electronic communications including marketing collateral materials, website and new media for all departments within the Museum (education & visitor services, development, Glass, facility rental) by creatively integrating new and traditional media platforms/techniques.
- Leads the marketing team in creating awareness for the Museum and offerings including special events, fundraising efforts, strategic partnerships and programs.
- Develop and implement long-term, entrepreneurial and dynamic timeline/action plan to remove the “hidden” and position the Museum as a player within a highly competitive and global marketplace, with agreed upon definition of success and measurable outcomes
- Oversees visitor services staff by leading with inspiration and motivation to meet strategic objectives to best serve visitors.
- Oversees the effectiveness and tracking of marketing efforts with a strong emphasis on data analysis, and provides strategic direction accordingly.
- Collaborates with each department and provides direction to achieve goals
- Provide input on public programs, high impact strategic partnerships across industries (education, tourist, museum) and memberships/awards for the NLM that will reinforce the brand
- Find high-value opportunities for leadership positioning (i.e., popular news outlet editorials, speaking opportunities) and write material & talking points
- Manage relationship with public relations, printing and other outsourced marketing-related vendors.
- Direct production of all marketing products and public facing communications
- Serve as point of contact to Museum PR consultants
- Works with Board members who assist the Museum with marketing and makes sure their work provides value to the organization
- Provides strategic and tactical updates to Board of Directors at its meetings
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and develops goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance appraisals
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.