Director of Grants, American Friends Service Committee
Posted by American Friends Service Committee on July 11, 2016
Director of Grants
American Friends Service Committee
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 10, 2016
Summary of Principal Responsibilities
The Director of Grants is responsible for the management of a comprehensive program of institutional fundraising. The Director develops an annual strategic plan for raising grant funds for AFSC’s worldwide programs. She/he leads the grant officers in carrying out this plan, ensuring that all staff in the unit works cohesively and in partnership with administrative and program staff. The Director will help to advance AFSC’s interests by providing oversight of prospect research, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals, and keeping abreast of trends and opportunities in grant making. The Director serves as liaison with other departments and units concerning grants development and stewardship. She/heoversees the grants solicitation pipeline and ensures good tracking and coordination of efforts. In coordination with the Grant Process Team, she/he ensures grants are managed according to funders’requirements. She/he oversees the unit’s budget and supervises grants officers and support staff, currently 4.5 FT Employees.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the Director of Grants include the following:
- Develop an annual grant resource development plan with revenue goals, in consultation with grant officers, the Associate General Secretaries for Program(s), and the Director of Development.
- Oversee that unit goals are met.
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation for a small portfolio of major grants as needed.
- Assign funders to grant officers.
- Oversee the grant unit’s interpretation and promotion of AFSC programs.
- Supervise Grant Officers and support staff. Manage a cohesive team and work to ensure that systems are in place to maximize the unit’s ability to raise funds.
- In coordination with Support, Planning and Evaluation, help to translate institutional fundraising requirements for quantifiable objectives, indicators, etc. in program planning processes.
- Steward process for identifying and fostering grant readiness.
- Oversee grant prospect research.
- Ensure systems are in place to acknowledge gifts and maintain and manage all grant records.
- Assure that grants meet AFSC budget and program needs and funders’ requirements.
- Provide or arrange for training for program and administrative partners in research, proposal writing and grants management.
- Oversee grants unit budget.
- Provide analyses that show organization-based trends in revenue, areas of strength, challenges, and opportunities for further grant development.
- Provide analyses that show trends in grant making by foundations, governments, bi- and –multilateral institutions, and corporations.
- Keep abreast of AFSC programs and the issues they seek to address.
- Other duties as required.
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.