Director of Finance, Center for Literacy
Posted by on January 21, 2013
The Center for Literacy is one of the nation’s largest providers of community-based literacy services. We are seeking a Finance Director to develop, implement and perform all finance and accounting functions for the organization. This position reports directly to the CEO
– Develops, monitors, analyzes and reviews all grant budgets from multiple funding streams, including government (city, state and federal), performance based, fee-for-service, corporations and foundations, and individual donors. Is responsible for appropriate and accurate expenditures and tracking of each expenditure against each budget line item. Compiles annual department budgets.
– Performs all grant reporting functions by ensuring accurate submissions to funders, compliance and timely reimbursements/payments.
– Prepares internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual reports (budget-to-actual for each grant, organization budget, bank reconciliations, board reports, and others upon request).
– Works with the independent auditor to prepare the annual audit as well as filing of the 990.
– Oversees all organization accounts payable and accounts receivable duties.
– 403B administration and compliance, including filing of the annual 5500. – Manages investment accounts.
– Projects cash flow on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
– Advances efficiencies in the finance department via process and procedure analysis and improvements.
– Identifies and engages in cost control opportunities.
– Develops and manages relationships with financial vendors, including CFL’s bank and related line of credit.
– Translates and educates managerial staff on finance issues and requirements as appropriate.
– Supervises two part-time staff members; Accounts Payable Associate and Accounts Receivable Associate.
Reports to: CEO
Job Classification: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 37.50 hours per week
Location: CFL HQ, 399 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 Salary: $70,000-$90,000, commensurate with experience.
As a full-time employee, you are eligible for many benefits. Please reference the Benefits page to learn more.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
- Director of Learning, Academy of Natural Sciences
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.