Director of Finance and Operations, Asian Arts Initiative
Posted by on October 27, 2008
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Asian Arts Initiative
Philadelphia, PA – http://www.asianartsinitiative.org
The Asian Arts Initiative (AAI) is a multi-disciplinary community arts center offering performances, exhibitions, workshops, and training for artists, youth, and adults of all racial backgrounds. Founded in 1993, AAI is grounded in the belief that the arts can provide an important political and cultural voice for Philadelphia’s Asian American communities. The organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $650,000, and is in its next phase of growth, with the development of a new multi-cultural multi-tenant arts facility in Philadelphia’s Center City/Chinatown neighborhood.
AAI is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations who will have primary responsibility for the organization’s finances, administration (including facilities and technology), and personnel systems. This is a Management Team position that works closely with and reports directly to the Executive Director and will supervise the Executive Assistant and contracted Bookkeeper.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success doing both financial management and improving organizational systems, is highly organized, and wants to be part of a dynamic and strategic team in a small, non-profit environment.
• Create and oversee finance systems in the organization to ensure financial health
• Coordinate annual budget process, compile and monitor organizational budget
• Provide information and support to staff and Board for budgeting and financial management
• Supervise bookkeeper to ensure accurate data tracking
• Manage accounts payable and receivable, including grant contracts and draw downs, donor pledges, and program invoices.
• Lead and coordinate annual financial audit process
• Compile financial reports for committees and board; process tax and legal forms
• Oversee fiscal conduit accounts
• Develop and manage earned income programs
• Oversee facility, including landlord communications, subtenant leasing, and equipment purchases
• Develop and manage space use and space rental protocols to generate earned income goals
• Support and supervise Executive Assistant in strengthening office procedures and protocols
• Oversee the implementation and periodic updates of the organizational Strategic Plan and related evaluation systems
• Oversee and manage all aspects of organizational liabilities and insurance
• Plan, coordinate, and facilitate Management Team meetings
• Plan, coordinate, and provide support for Board Meetings
• Ensure that organizational-wide meetings are functioning smoothly and have the necessary support around coordination, agenda-planning, facilitation, and note-taking
• Oversee the logistical coordination of organizational meetings and events
• Oversee technology systems
• Manage the development appropriate staffing structure, including positions, job descriptions and compensation ranges
• Manage all staff benefits.
• Drives development of volunteer program structure and policies organization wide.
• Coordinate process and oversee contracts for consultants, including artists
• Maintain and coordinate systems for the recruitment and hiring process for new staff
• Review and renew annual insurance policies
• Provide support for staff in handling personnel issues, grievances and procedures.
• Coordinate annual staff evaluations and exit evaluations
• Three years or equivalent experience as Finance and Operations Director
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bookkeeping experience
• Excellent management, coordination, budgeting and administration skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high quality work and attention to details
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, follow through and tracking
• Ability to develop and support a team oriented environment
• Computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Word, Quickbooks, internet and email.
• Previous work experience in a non-profit arts environment is useful but not required.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience; health and dental insurance, 403B plan offered.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and 3 work-related references to email@example.com. The Asian Arts Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. Asian Americans and other people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.