Director Of Education, National Liberty Museum
Posted by National Liberty Museum on February 25, 2020
The NLM is seeking a Director of Education to oversee our museum education department, which includes our outreach, youth, family, and adult programs. We are looking for someone to not only supervise and lead the current staff, but to also help create and implement the vision for the future for the department. They will work closely with the leadership team to launch new initiatives and grow current programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop overall goals and vision for the Education department
· Aid in the creation of a diverse set of programs for all ages, ranging from pre-school to adults
· Work with the exhibitions staff to create educational programs and oversee the tailoring of tours to complement temporary exhibits.
· Prepare and manage the Education department’s annual budget
· Collaborate closely with Development in the research and application of grants to support the Education department
· Aid Development in the cultivation of donors for the Young Heroes Outreach Program and our other education programs.
· Help create a strategic plan for the expansion of the Young Heroes Outreach Program
· Recruit and train our growing docent pool and new educators
· Work closely with the current education team and oversee their professional development
· Forge relationships with other like-minded institutions
· Guide our educators on the redesign of our curricula from year to year
Learn more and apply: https://www.libertymuseum.org/about/join-our-team/
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.