Director Of Development, Sunrise Association
The Sunrise Association is seeking to hire a Development Director in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area who will help us as we launch the region’s first day camp for children with cancer and their siblings. Opening in July 2020, this will be the 9th Sunrise Day Camp.
The mission of Sunrise Association is to bring back the joys of childhood to children with cancer and their siblings world-wide through the creation of Day Camps, Year-Round Programs and In-Hospital Recreational Activities, all offered free of charge.
Whether providing a parent with a bit of respite by spending time with their child in the hospital, or giving a child a place of belonging with other who live in the same difficult world of pediatric cancer, we strive to ensure that each and every one of our programs is designed to bring love and hope to every member of the family.
Know that there are countless families in the world in need of an extra ray of sunshine, we continue to work every day to increase our programs, expand into new communities and bring back the joys of childhood to children with cancer and their siblings
The successful candidate will work closely with the Regional Director, while working in concert with the entire staff to ensure short-term success and long-term sustainability. Sunrise is looking for a proven fundraiser with strong ties to the area who has the potential to grow within the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Help develop all facets of a dynamic organization with a focus on fundraising, the creation of a local leadership board, and volunteer recruitment
- Build a portfolio of donor relationships with a focus on individual giving, foundations, companies, and third-party fundraising opportunities; this includes researching donor prospects, securing visits, making asks, and stewarding our donors and constituents in a very thoughtful and organized manner
- As Sunrise is new to the region, this role will require building brand new relationships to ensure the success of the organization’s mission.
- Create signature community events: every Sunrise program has a SunriseWALKS community walkathon fundraiser and we are looking to host two events per year.
- Recruit lay-leaders for our Horizon Leadership Board, event committees, and other volunteer opportunities
- Manage gift processing and reports: ensuring gifts are recorded properly within our constituent database and donors are acknowledged appropriately
- Coordinate special programs that are conducted at camp and throughout the year at our recreational “Fundays”.
- Contribute as needed to the growth and development all organizational initiatives
- Represent the organization with speaking engagements
- Be a “team player,” using the goals and needs of the organization as a guide
- We are seeking someone with exceptional attention to detail and organization skills, high energy, and the ability to communicate thoughtfully and clearly with donors, volunteers, campers, parents, medical professionals, and members of the community, while working collaboratively with staff. Good writing and communication skills are important. Candidates who bring existing donor and community relationships from the Philadelphia, New Jersey and/or Delaware, while understanding the local and regional community will be best positioned for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent to 5+ years development experience is preferred
- We are seeking a leader who will dream with us!
Learn more and apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1774593765/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.