Director Of Development, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on July 10, 2017
RHD is seeking a Development Director to join its Marketing, Communications & Development team to grow individual/major donor giving; research, cultivate and solicit corporate support.
Resume and cover letter submission required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive development plan for RHD and its programs.
- Coordinate individual giving efforts, including stewardship efforts, as well as direct mail, online and other appeals.
- Cultivate major donors, including opportunities for greater corporate giving and develop and direct planned giving efforts.
- Ensure integrity, accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database. Manage and ensure integrity of fundraising database and expand donor/supporter list. Develop and segment governmental prospect list.
- Lead, plan and execute fundraising events.
- Manage all aspects of annual fund, including written appeals and e-mail blasts.
- Expand the organization’s individual donor base at all levels by creating a continuum of philanthropic giving opportunities (in-kind drives, annual fund appeals, major donor opportunities, and planned giving vehicles).
- Coordinate production of donor and sponsor recognition in print materials, the website, and electronic communications as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee mailings/emailings to donors, including appeals, tax acknowledgement letters, event thank-you’s, and other fundraising communications.
- Research, cultivate and solicit corporate sponsorships for various events and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of experience in fundraising and development experience.
- Applicants without a degree must have at least 9 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Professional and positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of fundraising databases, i.e., Raiser’s Edge
This position includes working on evenings and weekends.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.