Director of Development, Ralston Center
Posted by Ralston House on March 2, 2015
The Director of Development is responsible for securing financial resources through grants and appeals which will support the organization’s programs and services. This position is also responsible for the cultivation of individual donors, corporations, and other funding sources to support the mission of Ralston Center.
The Director reports to the CEO, and works closely with the Board and management of the organization. Bachelor’s degree required with at least 5 years’ experience in development. Master’s degree or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation preferred.
Interested individuals should send a letter of intent, resume and salary expectations to:
Joseph A. Lukach
3615 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Ralston Center is a not-for-profit organization, founded in 1817, whose mission is “To improve the health and quality of life for older adults in Philadelphia.” Ralston Center provides a wide variety of wellness programs for individuals 55+; provides award recognition for exceptional nursing students and certified nursing assistants; operates an innovative program designed to help individuals age in their respective communities;is the major partner in a housing development for low income seniors; and serves as a catalyst in establishing Age-Friendly Services in West Philadelphia.
The Director of Development is responsible for the development of all fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support of Ralston Center. The Director of Development, who will report to the CEO, will help set the organization’s strategic fundraising agenda to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants. The Director also works with the Board and the Board Committee for Marketing and Development.
- Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the CEO, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Responsible for securing general operating and capacity building grants.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring an annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections.
- Investigates possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- Responsible with the CEO to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
- Manages the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development goals.
- In conjunction with the CEO, assists with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation, and business representatives via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
- Delaware River Watershed Fellowship 2021 – Apr 2
- Director of Community Engagement, Research for Action
- Executive Director, Community Options
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.