Mural Arts Philadelphia
Director of Development, Mural Arts Philadelphia
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Director of Development
Mural Arts seeks a Director of Development. This individual will have responsibility for all fundraising efforts for the organization and will manage and mentor the development staff. Mural Arts is a growing organization with a total budget of 10M, 55-65% of which is raised revenue. We are specifically seeking someone with experience in individual giving and major gifts who can grow these dimensions of our fundraising portfolio. The position will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer. The Director of Development will serve on Mural Arts’ Leadership Team and will work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Staff, and the Board of Trustees to ensure Mural Arts has the necessary resources to achieve its goals and advance its mission.
- Expand the existing development program and implement strategies for revenue growth aligned with the strategic plan and evolving needs of the organization.
- Establish and attain measurable annual goals for each development fundraising component in collaboration with appropriate staff, consultants, and board of directors.
- Set goals for, supervise, and mentor three direct reports and one indirect report including a Manager of Individual & Corporate Giving, Senior Manager of Institutional Relations, Manager of Development Operations, and Development Services Coordinator.
- Engage the development committee of the board to help attain annual goals. Develop agendas, reports and minutes to properly support the work of this committee.
- Work to cultivate new sources of support with an emphasis on individual giving, including major and planned gifts.
- Develop written materials, appeals, annual reports, and other donor focused communications pieces.
- Directly manage a portfolio of major donors and major gift prospects.
- Evaluate and refine the departmental infrastructure to support increased efficiency and efficacy in fundraising activities.
- Develop and manage the annual department budget.
- Collaborate with senior staff, the Board and consultants on development of fundraising and cultivation events.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
- Demonstrated record of attracting and securing significant gifts from donors
- Demonstrated record overseeing and producing written and graphic fundraising materials
- The ability to appeal to a sophisticated donor community
- Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region’s philanthropic community strongly preferred
- Experience managing donor events preferred
- Experience launching endowment or reserve campaigns preferred
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the public arts field is desirable
- Five to ten years of experience in fundraising positions with comparable levels of responsibility
- Supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
Interested applicants must submit resume and cover letter listing salary requirements addressed to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Director of Development application 2018”. Candidates who advance in our selection process will be asked to submit writing samples. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until October 12, 2018.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.