How I Decide Foundation
Director Of Development, How I Decide Foundation
Founded in 2014, the How I Decide Foundation is an educational nonprofit 501(c)(3) based in suburban Philadelphia. Our team is composed of academics, educators, and business professionals, and our work synthesizes insights from mindfulness through the behavioral sciences to neuroscience. For four years, we successfully developed and distributed award-winning and nationally recognized programs developing youth decision-making skills. We are now shifting our strategy from program development and distribution to building a movement to bring Decision Education to all students in Middle and High School. A dynamic and engaged Board supports us. They are committed to the new strategy and are active in identifying and connecting us with new contacts and relationships. We have formed a Development Committee of the Board to support the new Director of Development.
For more information, please visit http://howidecide.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development will set, guide, and execute the strategy for all development efforts. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. S/he will be responsible for developing our efforts to solicit gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations both for our operational support and for supporting other organizations and initiatives in the field of Decision Education. The Director of Development will ensure that the How I Decide Foundation is viewed as the central reference, disseminator, and conduit of funding within this diverse constituency.
The Director of Development will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the development partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual fundraising plan both in the short-term and long-term
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Oversee organization and execution of special events
· Develop and oversee a consistent call time program for Executive Director, Board Chair and others
· Write grants and support grant writing efforts of partner organizations
· Manage implementation of a development information system/CRM
· Collaborate with the Board’s Development Committee
· Hire, mentor and lead team members responsible for the How I Decide Foundation’s Development efforts
· Track and measure all aspects of Development efforts with clear accounting and accountability
Read more and apply: https://howidecide.org/careers/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.