Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
Director of Development, FAIMER
The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research is seeking a Director of Development in the Philadelphia, PA office. The Director for Development leads the efforts to secure funding for all FAIMER projects and programs through major gifts, annual fund, grants, planned giving, and philanthropic events. He or she guides the development and implementation of an effective and comprehensive fund raising program that sustains FAIMER’s long-term success by strengthening donors’ relationships and building new donor relationships with FAIMER. He or she strives for excellence and continuous improvement in developing, implementing and measuring fundraising efforts.
- Ability to organize and manage work done independently, and direct work conducted in teams. Advanced skills in writing, composition and editing, project management and report preparation.
- Excellent social skills, tact, and ability to interact with high-level professionals in both business and social environments.
- Flexibility is required, and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unexpected requests or events.
- Able to operate standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Access or some other database software.
- Set and achieve annual fund raising goals that allow FAIMER to achieve operational and program priorities
- Implement systems, policies and staffing strategies that support fund raising goals and objectives
- Insure that all necessary solicitation tools are up-to-date, including but not limited to customizable case for support, prioritized prospect list, naming opportunities list, and gift acceptance policies
- Oversight of direct mail and electronic solicitation letters, donor newsletters, and special notifications
- Research and stay abreast of developing trends among peer organizations and the development profession
- Oversight of stewardship strategy and efforts to leverage fundraising revenue through existing relationships
- Oversight of data management through implementation of database best practices
- Ensure delivery of prompt, meaningful and accurate donor stewardship
- Serve as FAIMER’s primary advocate for donors to FAIMER staff members
- Oversight of project planning with program staff to address application requirements for new grant requests as needed
- Oversee stewardship of all funders through follow-up activities, reports, and updates; ensure that all benefits due funders are delivered by closeout of funding period
- Minimum 7 years of experience in fundraising and grant writing, with proven proficiency in staff development, team building, revenue generation, as well as a broad understanding of fund raising disciplines, grants, government relations, strategic planning, capital campaigns and membership.
- Non-profit and communications/marketing experience also desirable.
- Ability to develop a compelling case for support by collecting information from individuals at different levels within an organization
- Understanding of IRS regulations related to donations, including the 990, as well as OMB Circulars A-133, A-122, and A-110.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred. Certificate or degree in non-profit fundraising is a plus.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.