Director Of Development, Center School
Founded in 1989, The Center School is an extraordinary 1 through 8 school whose mission is to provide children who learn differently with a personalized education to realize their potential and reshape the way they view themselves and their future. For 30 years, our curriculum has helped children who learn differently to become proficient and to move forward to the next level. We create a meaningful learning and social environment for children where challenges are understood, strengths are celebrated and individualized needs are addressed.
Director of Development
The Center School’s Director of Development is responsible for shaping the school’s philanthropic strategies, identifying fundraising needs, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors, meeting the Annual Fund goal, and developing alumni, parent and community relationships. The Director of Development should possess the desire to embed him/herself in the school community in order to foster positive relationships with faculty and staff, students and parents, and all other major stakeholders for the purpose of the growth of the school. The Director of Development reports to the Head of School, attends Board Meetings as requested and is part of the core Center
School Administrative Team. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing annual development plans designed to optimize community and individual engagement in order to maximize philanthropic support for Center School.
- Planning and executing the School’s annual fund campaign including online and direct mail solicitations as well as personalized leadership annual giving approaches.
- Researching, identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift donors.
- Continuing to build and enhance relationships and partnerships with alumni, parents, existing donors and other members of the community and beyond in collaboration with the Head of School with the purpose of increasing philanthropic support of Center School.
- Increasing the school’s EITC/OSTC scholarship solicitation efforts.
- Managing the processing and acknowledging of all gifts.
- Maintaining the Center School alumni/donor database (Raiser’s Edge). Analyzing and interpreting data to develop new and creative outreach strategies.
- Supervising and working collaboratively with the Development Associate in planning and executing fundraising events in support of annual fundraising objectives and goals as well as cultivating and securing sponsorships for major events.
- Helping to recruit volunteers to assist with fundraising, events and/or involvement with Center School.
- Working collaboratively with Director of Admissions and Marketing to plan and promote Center School ensuring that all marketing materials are consistent with the Center School brand and messaging. Materials include event-related pieces, appeals, print and email messaging, web, social media, newsletters, video, etc.
Learn more and apply: https://centerschoolpa.org/career-opportunities/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.