Center for Loss and Bereavement
Director Of Development, Center for Loss and Bereavement
To be considered, interested applicants must submit: A cover letter, resume, a development-related writing sample, and three professional references to Emily Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org, email subject: DOD Applicant. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. The Center for Loss and Bereavement is an EOE.
Our Mission: The Center for Loss and Bereavement is a non-profit organization that provides professional counseling, support services, and education for those individuals, couples and families dealing with loss and bereavement.
The ideal Director of Development candidate will be an outgoing relationship-builder that is responsible for managing partnerships and fundraising related to the organization. The Director of Development will cultivate community connections to raise awareness of the Center’s mission and it’s financial needs to support those receiving our services.
- Execute, assess, and adapt development plans to fit ongoing organizational needs
- Manage all aspects of annual funding, including individual giving efforts, stewardship efforts, written appeals, and digital media
- Serve as a public representative for the Center
- Work cross-functionally with other teams
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the Center’s mission
- Pursuit of working with the Center’s Development needs in a long-term capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Preferred
- Minimum of five – seven years of experience in fundraising and/or relevant experience
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication/presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities; ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Professional and positive manner – a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Openness and adaptability to a dynamic workflow and culture
- Functional working knowledge of fundraising databases and software/platforms for donor/donation management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation available
- Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Clearances
- This role requires some specific hours with flexibility; salary will be discussed with the Executive Director during the application process. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Center is comprised of dedicated, empathetic, and creative professionals who work together in teams of mutual respect and appreciation. Ongoing career goals are discussed regularly and professional development is encouraged for all levels of staff.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and use of stairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.