Director of Communications, Alliance for Decision Education
Posted by Alliance for Decision Education on July 14, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications (including earned media, branding, website, social media, and organizational collateral) to consistently articulate our mission and engage our stakeholders and the general public. The Director of Communications will significantly increase awareness of Decision Education and the organization with relevant stakeholders and the general public, and ensure that the Alliance is viewed as the primary reference and disseminator of information within our diverse constituency.
The Director of Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives and will lead the Communications Department.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan across the network’s audiences in collaboration with the Alliance and constituents
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and brand awareness, as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Develop and manage all media contacts and significantly improve our organization’s visibility beyond its immediate constituency through earned media and other PR efforts
Content Creation and Management
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, social media postings, and websites
- Mentor and lead team members and vendors responsible for the Alliance for Decision Education’s websites’ administration and coordination
- Coordinate webpage maintenance – ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Coordinate social media engagement – ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly
Please email your resume, a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements and where you learned about the job opportunity), and samples of previous communications work to email@example.com by July 31, 2020.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.