Director of Commerce, City of Philadelphia
Posted by City of Philadelphia on August 4, 2020
The mission of the Department of Commerce is to ensure that Philadelphia is a globally competitive city to which employers flock, entrepreneurs thrive, and innovation abounds; to recruit and retain a diverse set of businesses; to foster economic opportunities for all Philadelphians in all neighborhoods; and to partner with workforce development programs and local businesses on talent development ensuring that all Philadelphians can find and retain living-wage jobs.
The Commerce Director oversees and implements policies to help both small businesses and major corporations in Philadelphia thrive.
- Serve as main liaison between the City of Philadelphia and its various business communities
- Serve as a member of the Mayors Cabinet with responsibility for driving economic development initiatives for the City including business attraction and retention efforts, international trade, and major real estate development projects
- Lead efforts to support neighborhood commercial development, specifically on our commercial corridors
- Serve on important Mayoral appointed boards, such as the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation.
- Ensure programs and policies are in place that enable minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses to succeed
- Ensure programs are in place to support and invest in neighborhood businesses and commercial corridors
- Create an environment to attract, retain, and grow small businesses
Learn more and apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999715126274-director-of-commerce
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.