Director of Career Initiatives, Philadelphia Futures
Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking a Director of Career Initiatives to join our College Success team. This role is a unique opportunity for a proactive, experienced multi-tasker to develop, expand and lead career-related initiatives for Philadelphia Futures. Our classroom-to-college-to-career programs help low-income, first-generation-to-college students gain admission to and graduate, career-ready, from college.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and implement strategy around career initiatives for students served by PF, including:
- Assess and build on existing career-readiness programming
- Develop and deliver career-related trainings
- Steward and expand network of relationships with potential internship/externship hosts, including PF alumni
- Maintain relationships and communication with volunteers for career programming, in conjunction with Volunteer Manager
- Build relationships with on-campus career liaisons
- Manage data and tracking of students at key points post-college graduation.
- Collaborate with Philadelphia Futures program staff to assist students in identifying and launching into sustainable and fulfilling careers
- Provide students information about and access to post-graduate positions, building on campus-based career services.
- Support Philadelphia Futures staff as they work with students to identify and launch into sustainable and fulfilling careers
Education and Experience: The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
- Master’s degree preferred, with a concentration in business, human resources, higher education or related field of study.
- Experience hiring employees and interns in a corporate setting or working in career services on a college campus.
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate work experience.
- Experience working with college or high school students. Experience and/or knowledge of issues facing low-income, first-generation-to-college students is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in career development, particularly in how higher education is addressing market needs; knowledge of what employers seek in new employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the range of industries and opportunities available to new college graduates.
- Experience in program management, demonstrated ability to assess, develop, implement and measure programs.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across programs or departments, leveraging knowledge, expertise and interest of various staff and volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Occasional state-wide travel required, driver’s license preferred
- Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus and Adaptability, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration).
- Passion for working with low-income, first-generation to college students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. The Director of Career Initiatives reports to the Director of College Success. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: http://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more and apply: https://careers.naceweb.org/jobs/11393310/director-of-career-initiatives
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.