Director of Business Development, Hopeworks ‘N Camden
Posted by Hopeworks 'n Camden on January 9, 2017
Come work for the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce 2016 Nonprofit of the Year!
Hopeworks ‘N Camden is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization founded in 2000 in Camden, NJ.
Our Vision is to heal communities by creating safe pathways through which we own our histories and discover new choices. We do this by using education, technology and entrepreneurship to partner with young men and women of Camden, NJ, as they identify and earn a sustainable future. Together we seize the opportunity to heal and thrive in the midst of violence and poverty. Our trainees have gone on to get jobs, attend colleges, and earn GEDs. They have developed Websites for more than 400 paying clients, served over 60 clients via our GIS business, and developed lasting partnerships with six different organizations.
Position & Responsibilities
- The Director of Business Development and Innovation’s role is to develop and manage the Hopeworks businesses in order to provide real life job opportunities to empower and train youth and to financial stability to the Hopeworks organization and to fund programs
- The Director of Business Development and Innovation is responsible for delivering business goals while engaging youth in work process designed to empower youth.
Overview of Position
- The implementation of current businesses to grow annual sales operating profit, including goal setting, budgeting, measurement, communication, staffing, sales & marketing/PR.
- Assessing the ROI of the current businesses, growth potential, feasibility of success and recommend the mix of businesses to keep or exit in order to maximize the opportunity for youth development and be a profitable portion of the business portfolio.
- Evaluate new business opportunities and develop a business plan for growth
Manage client engagement (to include vision & planning, execution and manage phases of client development)
- Formalize Business Development Process
- Track record of selling client services to B2B companies
- Ability to formally plan and document business goals
- Proven track record of goal accomplishment in business
- High level of financial/budgeting acumen
- BS/BA in Business; MBA preferred
- High level of commitment to the mission of Hopeworks
- Competitive Salary
- Full healthcare benefits
- Opportunity to pursue fully funded graduate degree from St. Joseph’s University
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com. Please do not call.
- Executive Director, Starfinder Foundation
- Development & Operations Coordinator, Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project
- Director of Operations & Development, The Center For Emerging Visual Artists
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.