National Philanthropic Trust
Director of Asset Development, National Philanthropic Trust
The Regional Director of Asset Development role will be responsible for asset development activities across the assigned region (PA, DE, MD, WV, OH, IN, MI and other areas as assigned)to enhance National Philanthropic Trust’s status as a leading provider of donor-advised funds and supporting organizations. This position will be responsible for identifying and establishing relationships among legal and financial professionals, creating presentations and managing all activities related to attracting new assets.
Key Areas of Accountability
- With NPT’s leadership, define, maintain and implement a successful development strategy.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit a network of professional advisors—including attorneys, financial advisors, CPA’s, wealth advisors and other professionals; may include initiating email, phone, mail and face-to-face meetings.
- With NPT’s leadership, work with donors and their professional advisors who wish to make charitable gifts of illiquid and complex assets.
- Work in partnership with NPT’s financial service partners (FSPs) to provide sales and marketing support to bankers/advisors.
- Create compelling presentations for institutional and individual prospective donors.
- Stay abreast of all trends in donor-advised funds, fundraising and planned giving; maintain intelligence on competitors, industry trends and ongoing advancements in the marketplace.
- Define key performance indicators so that program results are achieved. Track and report project milestones.
- Participate in new business meetings and other business development marketing and communications efforts
- The above list is not exhaustive, additional tasks may be assigned as necessary but are not a major function of the position.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Five to seven years experience in professional philanthropy, financial services, or law.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Strong project management skills, capable of multi-tasking; self-starter.
- Strong conceptual skills; a strategic thinker with a practical “can do” attitude.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.