Hope Partnership for Education
Director of Adult Education, Hope Partnership for Education
Hope Partnership for Education is an independent, non-profit organization, founded and endorsed by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus and the Sisters of Mercy in June, 2002. Hope Partnership for Education helps meet the educational needs of children and adults from low-income families in Eastern North Philadelphia by providing a Middle School, a Graduate Support Program, and an Adult Education Program.
Hope’s Mission: To Break the Cycle of Poverty through Education
Position Title: Director of Adult Education
Date Modified: April 18, 2018
DLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Purpose: This full time position is to direct, refine and strengthen the Adult Education Program, and connect adult students to academic and career opportunities to further their advancement.
- Direct, refine and strengthen the Adult Education Program.
- Manage communication with students, and take a case management approach to fostering their retention and academic and career advancement.
- Coach teachers in best practices in adult education, including but not limited to promoting integration of instructional areas, and embedding digital resources in the curriculum, including mobile phone access to online learning platforms.
- Coordinate outreach to key partners to recruit new students and volunteer teachers.
- Market and develop new aspects of the program and new sources of revenue to ensure its sustainability.
- Design and facilitate up to four community workshops each year in collaboration with the Middle School and Graduate Support Program as part of Hope’s ongoing community outreach and marketing effort.
- Foster relationships with key partners related to adult education, including but not limited to the Office of Adult Education, Marrero and Widener Libraries, the North Philadelphia CareerLink, active neighborhood churches, Fairhill PAL, Asociacion de Puertoriqueños en Marcha (APM), Temple University, The Village of Arts and Humanities, and selected organizations and businesses on Germantown Avenue, including New Pathways, CCIS, Acelero Day Care Center, and Hope Rising Child Day Care Center.
- Participate as a member of the Administrative Team
- Respond to Board Committees, including the Program, Marketing and Strategic Planning Committees, and others as appropriate.
- Minimum of BA degree in education or related field and minimum of five years of relevant experience in a non-profit environment.
- Sensitivity, openness, joy, and respect in working with a racially, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stake holders.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Passion for the vision and mission of Hope Partnership for Education.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to drive or negotiate public transportation
- Generally works in standard school/office conditions and climate
Send resumes to us via fax: 215 232 7067 Attn: Adult Ed
via email: email@example.com
via mail: Hope Partnership for Education
Attn: Adult Education
2601 North 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.