Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Posted by City of Philadelphia on July 7, 2020
The City of Philadelphia Law Department acts as general counsel for the entire City government structure. We provide legal advice to all City officials, employees, departments, agencies, boards, and commissions concerning any matters related to the exercise of their official powers. The Administrative Services Unit is responsible for the business functions of the department. This unit includes Human Resources of which this position is included.
The Law Departments Administrative Services Unit has an immediate opening for a Director of Administration.This executive level person will provide necessary ongoing support to the City Solicitor and First Deputy City Solicitor on administrative matters by managing the departments business office.
As a member of the departments executive committee, the Director is responsible for running the fifteen-person Administrative Services Unit, which encompasses staff responsible for:
- Human Resources
- Financial/Budget Management
- Accounts Payable
- Procurement and Contract Administration
- The Mailroom
- Information Technology
- Develops the department budget and participates with other department leadership in hearings in front of City Council.
- Creates and implements space planning functions including the build out of new office space to accommodate a growing department.
- Liaison with the central business departments of the city.
Education And Experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience performing clerical work
- 5+ years of experience performing facilitating services in such financial areas as budget and contract purchasing and payments
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Principles, practices and procedures of office management
- Budget management
- Computer applications for financial reporting: ADPICS, FAMIS, Excel, QuickBooks, etc.
- Recordkeeping and reporting systems used in budget preparation (Advantage Budgeting) and contract management (ACIS)
- Supervisory methods and practices
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and reference list with your application.Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
Any questions related to this position should be directed to Craig Straw, First Deputy City Solicitor, Law Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.