Director, Major Gifts & Donor Relations, WHYY
Posted by WHYY on March 19, 2018
WHYY is seeking a full-time Director of Major Gifts & Donor Relations.
WHYY is the leading public media organization in the Philadelphia Region, including Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond. You can access us on television, radio, in the community and online.
The Director of Major Gifts & Donor Relations manages all major gifts officers, researchers, and donor relations functions. This position designs, develops and implements the individual major gifts program at WHYY.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Manage and cultivate relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identify new projects.
- Plan, implement and manage effective retention and stewardship strategies that will cultivate increased giving from current donors.
- Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including: determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are carried out.
develop and track departmental budget
- Understand the needs and interests of major donors
- Manage others to ensure their work contributes to organizational goals.
- Develop individuals, build teams, and resolve conflicts.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent knowledge or training and experience
- 5+ years of experience in individual major gifts fundraising and planned giving in a mid-size non-profit
- A minimum of 5 years directly managing staff
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to manage a multi-functional team
- Previous experience with budget forecasting, analysis and monitoring is essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving
- Irregular hours are often required for this position. Must have access to own transportation and a driver’s license, local travel is required.
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.