Director, Donor Relations, WHYY
Posted by WHYY on November 6, 2017
WHYY is seeking a full-time Director of Donor Relations.
WHYY is the leading public media organization in the Philadelphia Region, including Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond. You can access us on television, radio, in the community and online.
The Director of Donor Relations oversees all operating solicitations to individuals including devising a comprehensive donor program that consistently promotes prospect identification, cultivation, stewardship, and recognition of individual donors.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Manage, steward and cultivate relationships for a portfolio of 100-200 potential prospects.
- Develop and implement fundraising plans that reflect and address ever-changing landscape of public media.
- Evaluate the donor’s position and formulate options to gain commitments and build relationships.
- Take action, seek new opportunities, and strive to achieve goals.
- Manage others to ensure their work contributes to organizational goals.
- Develop individuals, build teams, resolve conflicts, and apply workplace policies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent knowledge or training and experience
- 5+ years of experience in individual major gifts fundraising and planned giving in a mid-size non-profit
- A minimum of 2 years directly managing staff
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Exemplary leadership skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards
- Previous experience with budget forecasting, analysis and monitoring is essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Irregular hours are often required for this position. Must have access to own transportation and a driver’s license, local travel is required
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.