Digital Membership Director, WHYY
Posted by WHYY on April 21, 2020
Virtual Interviews Available
WHYY, the Philadelphia region’s leading public media organization, is seeking a Digital Membership Director to grow membership and revenue in our rapidly-evolving media environment. This new position is designed to help find ways to increase membership from digital content consumers, make it easier for all prospective members to join via online or social platforms and find the best ways to leverage the power of our new CRM system.
Specific duties include:
- Achieve annual digital revenue goals.
- Drive organizational change to attract new members and news streams of revenue through the use of current and future forms of digital/online communication channels.
- Convert digital content users on all WHYY media outlets to members.
- Support the use of digital tactics to increase giving through traditional media channels (on-air, direct mail, vehicle donations, for example).
- Adapt and refresh digital membership growth tactics as technology evolves.
- Continually measure, test and improve digital membership methods.
- Research available national benchmarks for both public media and other non-profits to arrive at appropriate annual goals.
- Work with communications editor to implement email membership campaigns and advise on digital marketing campaigns.
- Create processes for the membership team to enhance the online member experience.
- Work with web developers to enhance website fundraising user experience.
- Analyze campaign metrics and send results to key stakeholders, which include recommended strategies.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, advertising, marketing or other related discipline is necessary.
Experience: At least five years’ experience, with increasing responsibility, in online marketing, which should include generating online revenue and/or online project management. Ability to draw strategic insights from large data sets in order to develop and implement successful digital fundraising or sales strategies. Strong copywriting skills, particularly in fundraising and donor cultivation communications.
Learn more and apply: https://whyy.org/employment/
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.