Development & Operations Coordinator, Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project
Posted by Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project on August 11, 2020
The Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project (YSRP) seeks a Development & Operations Coordinator, a full-time position that will work remotely for the foreseeable future, and subsequently will be based in Philadelphia.
The Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project (YSRP) seeks to end the imposition, and in the meantime lessen the duration and impact of adult criminal sentences on low-income children and their families. Through individual cases and broader policy advocacy, we work to transform the experiences of children prosecuted in the adult criminal justice system, and to ensure that children who have contact with the adult justice system can return home and live full lives with dignity. We partner with court-involved youth, their families, and lawyers to develop holistic, humanizing narratives that mitigate the facts of each case in an effort to avoid adult incarceration and develop alternatives. We make crucial connections to community resources, providing our youth and Juvenile Lifer client-partners with services that include education, healthcare, housing, and employment. Finally, we work to raise awareness of the issues that face young people in the adult criminal justice system. For more information about YSRP’s mission, values and work, please visit our website.
YSRP seeks a Development & Operations Coordinator to support our efforts to garner revenue, tell our story, and provide critical support to our organization. The Development & Operations Coordinator is a full-time, exempt, staff position that will report to the Director of Operations, and will work closely with YSRP’s Management Team.
The Development & Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the following core duties:
Fundraising & Communications Coordination/Support
● Track and maintain a pipeline of foundation proposals and reports; support development of grant proposals and reports to foundation partners; and conduct foundation prospect research as necessary.
● Support developing year-end and other fundraising appeals; record donations, initiate and track donor acknowledgements in donor database; support coordination of special events (when in-person events resume) as needed.
● Support drafting e-blasts; develop and draft web content and social media posts as necessary; support communications campaigns as needed; maintain records of YSRP’s media appearances and mentions as they occur; tag and file YSRP’s original photography and video content as needed.
● Conduct research on topics related to fundraising, development, communications and marketing strategies as requested.
Operations & Team Coordination/Support
● Support coordination of team planning meetings and retreat logistics as needed; support coordination of special events planning and logistics (when in-person events resume); capture notes; and respond to general inquiries as needed.
● Create and maintain tracking sheets related to our general administrative and operations needs, and support our file and records management. This may include data entry in QuickBooks.
● Perform office management duties (on-site, when in-person work resumes) as needed; greet guests at the office; track and coordinate maintenance of office equipment and technology; provide light IT training and troubleshooting as needed; and maintain office supplies.
● Participate as a full member of YSRP’s team in all-staff meetings, retreats and learning opportunities.
Support other special projects as needed.
● At least 2 years of experience in a nonprofit or grassroots fundraising role
● Excellent writing skills
● Excellent Microsoft Office & Google Suite skills; strong Excel / spreadsheet skills preferred
● Knowledge of WordPress and web platforms preferred
● Experience with project management
● Comfortable working remotely
While this position will be remote for the foreseeable future, the person filling this role must reside in the Greater Philadelphia area, as in-person work will resume when it is safe to do so.
Skills & Values:
● Demonstrated alignment with YSRP’s mission and values as a racial justice organization
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, sense of humor, and compassion
● Outstanding, demonstrated organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
● Self-motivated, resourceful team player with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
The starting salary for the Development & Operations Coordinator is $50,000. This is a full-time, exempt position. YSRP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your resume along with answers to the following three questions (in place of a cover letter):
1. Why do you want to work at YSRP?
2. How do your skills align with this job?
3. In what ways do you prioritize racial justice and/or ending mass incarceration in your life and experience?
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator Applicant” and your last name in the subject line by the close of business on Friday, August 21, 2020 . Applicants will only be contacted if selected for a phone screening. No phone calls, please. Our desired start date for this position is September 14, 2020, with a willingness for flexibility, as needed.
We aim to recruit a diverse pool of candidates, particularly Black, indigenous and other people of color, and people who are directly impacted by incarceration.
The Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.