City Year Greater Philadelphia
Development Operations Coordinator, City Year
Development Operations Coordinator
City Year Philadelphia is seeking a Development Operations Coordinator who is responsible for leading Development – related efforts in operations and data management to creatively leverage corporate, event, grant, and constituent information. The Development Operations Coordinator plays an integral role in back – office and administrative functions. In collaboration with the 9 person Development team, the Development Operations Coordinator ensures the integrity of all data, while maintaining and tracking financial revenue to ensure that quarterly financial goals are met. The Development Operations Coordinator will also create, implement, and support operational systems that will enable the Development team to perform with greater effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.
- Manage the site’s fundraising database (cychannel – a Salesforce tool), including gift processing, reconciliation reports, financial dashboards, and revenue reports.
- Oversee gift processing, including processing donations, generating invoices for donors, and producing timely acknowledgement letters.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to create progress and analysis reports, update individual records, and facilitate pipeline prospect meetings.
- Create campaigns, dashboards, and reports for Development department team members, allowing them to track individual portfolio goals and accounts.
- Manage distribution lists for external communications, including invitations, appeals, and newsletters.
- Implement best practices, processes, and trainings into Development department to ensure that the database is being used effectively and efficiently.
- Document and maintain record of all grant and foundation applications, reports, and documents for future reference.
- Ensure accuracy of all donor information through regular database maintenance.
- Secure necessary vendors, obtain quotes, secure contracts, and monitor vendor performance to ensure City Year receives exceptional service and value.
- Ensure all department expenses, receipts, and invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory and storage of all department equipment, event supplies, and gift materials.
- Collaborate with operations points from multiple departments to identify areas for functional improvements and to drive continual improvements of processes.
- Support Development events, including Opening Day, Women’s Leadership Luncheon, Martin Luther King Day of Service, Idealist Dinner, and Graduation, through logistical support, online
- RSVP process, mailing lists, registration, and event reporting.
- Coordinate with Impact staff and AmeriCorps members to ensure an accurate and efficient process for in – kinding gifts to support school – based teams.
- Assist with annual appeal mailing, including campaign creation, donor list organization, and tracking follow – up.
- Facilitate special requests from National Headquarters as needed, including updating donor website, providing annual report lists, communication needs, and special mailings..
Organizational Initiatives and Site Support
- Work closely with fellow Development team members to understand priorities and business goals, and develop strategies to meet the team’s needs.
- Partner with City Year Philadelphia’s departments and staff to ensure that site – wide goals are met, including, the AmeriCorps member applicant interview process, stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation, and cross – departmental committees.
- Attend overnight conferences, including Summer Academy, a week – long training conference for all City Year Staff held in Boston in July, and additional engagement and training activities.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.