Posted by Evangelicals for Social Action on May 5, 2014
The Development Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive fundraising strategies for the Sider Center, including cultivating and sustaining a broad network of financial support across diverse platforms. Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition. Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the Center’s annual fundraising plans to ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and strategic plans.
- With the co-Directors, chart the organization’s course in fund development.
- Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the Center that will enable it to attract, retain, and motivate donors.
- In conjunction with the co-Directors, establish performance measures, monitor results, and help evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising programs.
- Provide general oversight of all fundraising activities, including the design and maintenance of donor and prospect records, gift management systems, and informational reports and the cultivation, acknowledgement, and recognition of donors.
- Develop and write foundation, corporate and government proposals, and all solicitation materials, both print and electronic.
- Conduct prospect research on behalf of the Center and the co-Directors.
- Embody values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
- Executive Director, Community Options
- Senior Program Director, Phila. Academies
- Job Opportunities + Landscaping Career Development Program – Feb 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.