New Africa Center
Development & Marketing Intern Position, New Africa Center
The New Africa Center houses the the Muslim American Museum & Archive.
Our primary purpose is to preserve the African American Muslim rich cultural heritage and legacy to pass on to future generations.
We are seeking A Development & Marketing Manager. The Development and Marketing Manager will help raise awareness regarding our New Africa Center’s community development work; enhance our visibility; and increase funding. The position will be responsible for handling key fundraising tasks including grant writing, special events, external communications, and individual giving. The Development & Marketing Manager will manage online and print communications including social media and website content, electronic and printed newsletters, and press releases.
Grant Writing / Donor Cultivation
• Conducts research on individual, corporate, and foundation donors and prospects.
• Grant writing to prospective funders.
• Supports the cultivation and stewardship of major donors and prospects.
• Designs and implements direct mail fundraising to donors including winter and spring appeals and thank you letters.
• Plans tours and site visits from individuals, corporations and foundations with the Executive Director.
Communications & Social Media
• Promotes the New Africa Center and its mission in the community and greater-Philadelphia area.
• Creates content for digital communications including e-newsletters, appeals, and other online communications.
• Researches and executes social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Regularly updates content on the New Africa Center’s website.
• Manages relationships with local press in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Helps to manage a full range of activities from planning, to coordination and support of New Africa Center events including fundraising and community outreach events.
• Some experience in nonprofit development, communications, or equivalent.
• Strong writing skills, including an ability to adapt style to audience and medium.
• Experience using Facebook, Twitter, and fundraising CRM software.
• Knowledge of / experience with graphic design concepts a plus.
• Demonstrated success in event planning and associated development activities.
• Passion for youth leadership development and social justice.
• A willingness to learn new tasks and grow professionally.
• Ability to problem solve, be flexible, imaginative and innovative.
This position is part time, 10-20 hours per week with some weekends required. To apply, please provide cover letter and resume to: Mr. Muhammad at ICPIC@RCN.COM
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.