Development Manager, Clarifi
Posted by Clarifi on June 8, 2015
Please send cover letter, resume and recent writing sample (last 4 months) to
Markita Morris-Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Development Manager at Clarifi is responsible for coordinating grant development,
researching new funding prospects, providing donor/funding correspondence, preparing all grant proposals, and maintaining tracking of grant deadlines, renewals, and submission of progress reports. This individual will work closely with the Senior Vice President in the administration and delivery of development programs, communications, and special projects. The grants manager will also work on other written projects throughout the agency as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
· 4-6 years experience in fundraising, grant writing, development, or in another professional
capacity with significant writing and donor cultivation responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required (B.A. in English and/or Communications a plus).
· Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Entrepreneurial spirit with courage to attempt new initiatives and ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances or less than ideal outcomes.
· Energetic, fun and interested in working in a fast-paced and collegial environment.
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and simultaneous projects. Strong sense of follow-through, tenacity, forward thinking and project management.
· Aptitude for composing correspondence with proper spelling, grammar and articulation.
· Strong MS Office, database, and Internet skills. Experience in contact management software, particularly Salesforce TM Software is a plus. Knowledge and experience using fundraising databases required.
· Meet with management to discuss the important aspects of grant proposals to be created. Advise on fit with strategy and previous experiences with the organization.
· Develop general guidelines for writing proposals.
· Develop familiarity with Clarifi’s programmatic offerings; maintains current knowledge of key developments in Clarifi programming as they occur; maintains working knowledge of programmatic priorities and funding opportunities for donors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, edit, and present grant proposals to management for approval.
· Maintain tracking for all grants including due date, renewal date, and submission of progress reports.
· Update and maintain electronic database and folders of all grants in organized fashion and retain necessary paper folders.
· Manage on-line grant applications and updates.
· Package final grant application and timely send with appropriate attachments.
· Maintain contact with funders, co-applicants, and other community partners to assure that all guidelines and deadlines are understood by applicant team at Clarifi and at partner agencies.
· Draft and provide support letters and other documentation, as needed, for partners submitting funding applications for which Clarifi is a sub-contractor or will otherwise be involved in the provision of programs.
· Attend in-person, telephone, and online training and conferences relating to grant writing, local funding priorities, or specific funders/applications.
· Follow up with Senior Vice President and Director of Program Evaluation & Technology to ensure grant deliverables are on track.
· Maintain accurate reporting to and communication with funders including donor
acknowledgements and tax reporting (for both cash and in-kind donations).
· Conduct research for new funding prospects, maintain grant database, and keep track of current sponsors in the media.
· Provide oversight to VISTA or departmental interns in support of grant program.
· Assist Senior Vice President with PowerPoint presentation development for funders.
· Work with and delegate to other staff members in support of specific grant programs.
· Assist with development of annual report, quarterly highlights, and other communications vehicles.
· Assist with narratives and other written portions of agency initiatives, including government housing applications, agency accreditation, financials, and banking due-diligence projects
Board Relations, Event-planning and Donor Relations:
· Assist Senior Vice President in liaising with the Board Development Committee.
· Work with Senior Vice President and Development Committee Chair to develop and
implement annual solicitation plan.
· Participate in board orientations and educate board members about the development/
fundraising process and their respective roles in the process.
· Coordinate all activities related to Clarifi’s major fundraising events including annual Spring luncheon and funder recognition events including recruiting event committee members, soliciting sponsors, coordinating logistics, and managing design and promotion of the event.
· Submit financial accounting for special event activities.
· Compose correspondence and presentations with proper spelling, grammar and articulation.
· Communicate accurately and clearly with internal employees and external partners.
· Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
· Work flexible schedule and non-traditional working hours as business requires.
· Professional appearance as required when engaging clients and external partners.
Position is based in the Philadelphia Office. Travel extensively in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware by automobile to partner and funder meetings, events and conferences relating to all programs. Candidate must be a licensed driver with full time access to reliable, properly registered and insured car and be able and willing to travel to locations within organization’s service area. Occasional overnight stays and travel by train or air required to represent organization at meetings outside of Delaware Valley.
There are no special physical demands required by this position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of position.
The environment for this position is standard office environment. In addition to the office responsibilities, there are off-site workshops, presentations and community outreach events. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours Required: 40 per week
Reports To: Senior Vice President – Community Affairs
Date Prepared: April 27, 2015 [emailed to PHENND 6/4/15]
Prepared By: Markita Morris-Louis, Senior VP & General Counsel
Clarifi is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Apply to Become a Americorps VISTA
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.