Development Director, William Way LGBT Community Center
Posted by William Way Community Center on March 2, 2015
Development Director, William Way Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center
Summary: The Development Director is responsible for assuring achievement of the William Way LGBT Community Center’s strategic goals, initiatives and direction by insuring appropriate funding. The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director on cultivating new relationships, new government grants and foundation funding. The position is responsible for identifying and developing funding sources, nurturing key external relationships and overseeing the execution of fundraising events.
- Manage activities related to the analysis, planning, execution, evaluation and control of programs designed to meet fund raising goals.
- Coordinate fund raising activities to assure consistency within the larger scope of goals, strategic plans and organizational structure.
- Solicit contributions from corporations, foundations, government bodies and individuals.
- Manage external communications designed to support fund raising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, with graduate degree strongly preferred;
- Five year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The William Way Community Center seeks to encourage, support, and advocate for the well-being and acceptance of sexual and gender minorities through service, recreational, educational, and cultural programming.
Position is located in Philadelphia, PA
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.