Development Director, Media Mobilizing Project
Posted by Media Mobilizing Project on November 10, 2014
Media Mobilizing Project is hiring a full-time Development Director.
The Media Mobilizing Project builds grassroots leadership to tell transformative stories that amplify and incubate community-led organizing for human rights and an end to poverty. MMP formed in 2005 and has since strengthened dozens of existing and emerging grassroots struggles and organizations through narrative and resource development, media collaborations, and training; and educated over 3000 immigrants, low-wage workers, and youth in audio/video production, digital literacy and human rights. MMP uses strategic media and communications to intervene in critical human rights struggles from public education to healthcare and workers rights.
Media Mobilizing Project sustains our work through a broad base of individual grassroots supporters, fee-for-service projects, foundation and government grants in line with our mission and program priorities. We seek a Development Director to help design and execute a strategic fundraising plan across these funding areas, coordinate the logistics of fundraising activities. This includes engaging staff, board and members in diversifying our income generating opportunities in order to sustain our organizing work over a long term.
The Development Director will be part of the MMP staff collective and will report to MMP’s Co-Executive Directors.
This position is based in Philadelphia, PA.
● Managing planning and implementing grassroots fundraising, foundation and government grant, and fee-for-service client activities.
● Managing fundraising database and administration.
● Planning fundraising calendar and activities.
● Prospecting new grassroots and foundation donors.
● Creating visibility-raising opportunities for all staff and board.
● Engaging board, staff, and volunteers in fundraising.
● Other responsibilities as necessary.
● Commitment to MMP’s mission and vision.
● Experience fundraising through grant writing, individual donors and business/fee-for-service efforts.
● Motivation, discipline, flexibility, discretion, attention to detail, willingness to learn and sense of humor.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to build strong professional relationships with donors and prospective donors, organizational members, board and staff.
● Ability to problem-solve.
● Ability to prioritize work demands strategically.
● Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively.
● A strong team player with the ability to take and give direction.
● Ability to attend some night and weekend meetings and events.
● Desire to work in an environment that is diverse, fast-paced and community-driven.
● Experience in managing volunteers and interns.
Salary and benefits: The Development Director salary is $40,000 per year. Benefits include health care (MMP pays 90%) and 20 days paid vacation per year.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline is rolling.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.