Development & Communications Manager, Legacy Youth Tennis & Education
Posted by Legacy Youth Tennis & Education on October 06, 2014
The Development & Communications Manager will serve as a significant player with the Development Team, the President, staff, and the board of directors in the design and execution of many of the organization’s fund development and marketing activities. The ideal candidate must bring a high level of competency, motivation, and the ability to learn quickly. More importantly, the candidate must share a passion for young people and have the skills to “tell the story” of our purpose, our people and our programs to various audiences.
- Write and submit grant proposals, letters of intent, reports and other correspondence to institutional funders
- Research and identify funding opportunities within the corporate, foundation and public sectors
- Collaborate with development and program staff to develop content for proposals and reports
- Help implement and maintain stewardship plan for corporations and foundations.
- Track all corporate and foundation activities and maintain files and materials.
- Coordinate and prepare documents for meetings with donors, foundations and corporate contacts.
- Develop, edit and ensure quality content for various channels including website, marketing materials, newsletter, email campaigns, press releases, articles, and social media outlets
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan
- Manage multiple marketing and communications projects
- Identify new marketing and media opportunities
- Maintain suite of marketing materials
- Serve as a media contact
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of work experience in grant research and writing
- 1-2 years of development experience working with individual donors, corporations and foundations required
- Experience in marketing or public relations strongly preferred
- Exemplary communication and writing skills with experience in tailoring message to various audiences
- Knowledge of youth sports, education, youth development, or health/nutrition preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to solve problems, work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office suite and experience working with donor databases
- Willingness to take on any task
- Passion for young people, especially those from under-served communities
- Impeccable integrity
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.