Development Associate, Philadelphia VIP
Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients.
For this position, Philadelphia VIP seeks an organized, detail-oriented team player with excellent skills in communication (oral and written) and relationship-building, demonstrated fundraising interest, and commitment to access to justice for underserved communities. The candidate should be a self-starter, attentive to detail, and successful at managing multiple deadlines. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a close-knit team in a fast-paced office and embraces technology. Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience in fundraising, working with volunteers, donor database management, and events management preferred. This position is non-exempt with generous employee benefits and a great team atmosphere.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Development Associate will foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization by:
Managing VIP’s primary fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship:
• Maintain Philadelphia VIP’s development calendar
• Draft appeal letters and coordinate mailings for all campaigns
• Maintain accurate and up to date donor materials in print and on website
• Develop and implement donor recognition plan
• Contribute to the ongoing development of VIP’s fundraising strategies
• Identify new opportunities to convert volunteers to donors and assist in donor research
Assisting with VIP’s accounts receivable process:
• Manage deposit process for all revenue
• Maintain website donor portal and PayPal account
• Track and acknowledge all gifts promptly
Reporting on and tracking donor campaign and grant outcomes:
• Maintain donor and prospect tracking systems using donor management database
• Track metrics to evaluate and improve fundraising initiatives
• Prepare statistical reports for the Board of Directors, foundation, corporate and government grants
Drafting communications for donors and other stakeholders:
• Implement applicable portions of VIP’s strategic communications plan
• Partner with the Communications and Volunteer Coordinator in fundraising and stewardship communications
Managing and staffing fundraising and volunteer recognition events:
• Assist in planning, execution, and follow-up for events
• Explore new and innovative options for fundraising events
• Execution of annual fundraising event
Supporting Board of Directors Development Committee and performing other duties as assigned
DEADLINE: Submissions reviewed on a rolling basis; priority to those received by June 2, 2017
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter, resume, and reference list to Pranshu Verma, Director of Operations, email@example.com. Please include potential start date. Please, no telephone calls.
PHILADELPHIA VIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.