National Liberty Museum
Development Associate, National Liberty Museum
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Associate participates in and provides support to all aspects of the Museum’s Development program. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO YEAR OF EXPERIENCE WITH RAISER’S EDGE.
The Development Associate plays a pivotal role in supporting and coordinating the activities of the Development staff in all of the Museum’s fundraising activities. The Associate works closely with the Director of Development. S/he communicates directly with donors and prospects and is an ambassador of the Museum in all communications with our constituents.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years non-profit experience
- Performs a variety of tasks and is adept at multitasking—highly organized, with great attention to detail
- Familiar with a variety of non-profit development concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated superior communication skills and an excellent writer
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board, and staff
- Provides essential support to our Development Department, keeping track of all outreach, preparing reports on attainment of benchmarks, communicating regularly with staff on and off site
- Is highly adept at managing our Raiser’s Edge database, generating queries and reports, maintaining Museum’s database of constituents, troubleshooting issues.
- Maintains grants calendar, ensuring all LOI’s, proposals and reports are completed by deadlines
- Conducts grant research and helps to develop proposals and other fundraising strategies
- Corresponds and communicates regularly with existing donors and prospects; serves as ‘triage’ communicator with potential donors, keeping senior staff updated
- Assists in special events, acting as event contact to field questions; maintains RSVP lists and coordinates logistics with other departments
- Manages gift processing, data and office management to ensure timely and accurate donor acknowledgement
- Liaises with Marketing and Education Departments to ensure all sponsors are recognized on materials and website
- Creates strategic lists for all appeal and event mailing lists and tracks progress through database and spreadsheet reporting
- Assists with development and mailing of electronic and print appeals and invitations
- Creates Museum information packets for prospects and donors
- Prepares materials for Board meetings
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.