Development Associate, Mighty Writers
This is a part time position with the potential to quickly grow into full time.
This Associate’s main responsibilities will be fundraising: grant writing, corporate and individual giving, special events and database management. S/he will be accountable to the Development Director regarding all activities related to increasing Mighty Writers’ funding opportunities and will be responsible for assisting to achieve the annual fundraising goals.
- Prepare, write and assemble grant proposals and reports for foundations,
- Grants calendar management, coordinating upcoming grant deadlines and grant writing.
- Conduct research on prospective corporations, foundations and inviduals
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation funders, and individual donors
- Assist in developing and implementing new funding initiatives
- Coordinate mailings; production, mailing, phone calls, tracking/reporting, follow-up and stewardship.
- Manage donor database
- Assist in all aspects of special events, including planning, execution, and follow-up.
- Implement strategies for acquiring online donors and increasing annual giving.
- Provide support for other activities related to fundraising and communications as needed.
- Participation in overall development activities, and other duties as assigned
- High energy level, self-starter, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solver, flexibility, and sense of humor.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience developing, implementing, and executing project plans.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and evident ability to handle multiple projects.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media tools, donor management database experience.
- Strong research, organizational and time management skills.
- Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for the mission of Mighty Writers and development as a career.
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening or weekend events.
- 1 to 3 years of development experience or transferable skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Mighty Writers: Mighty Writers is a nonprofit that teaches Philadelphia kids, seven to 17, to think and write with clarity. Our free, out-of-school writing programs in South, West, and North Philadelphia, and in the Italian Market neighborhood, have grown to serve 3,000 kids a year.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Mighty Writers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Mighty Writers complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.