DREAM Program Philadelphia
Development Assistant VISTA, DREAM Program
Development Assistant VISTA – Philadelphia Office
The DREAM Program, Inc. (http://www.dreamprogram.org)
• Location: Philadelphia, PA
• Hours: 40+ hours, occasional evenings and weekends
• Start Date: July 17th, 2016 End Date: July 21st, 2017
Welcome to an organization that is awesome. We dream big, have a lot of fun, believe all youth can thrive, have a relentless focus on families in affordable housing, are ready to go the extra mile to make change, and like to be bold, fun, energetic, goofy, outrageous, thoughtful and optimistic. Maybe you’d like to join us? We are seeking a Development Assistant VISTA to support our development efforts at our Philadelphia region.
We want children from affordable housing neighborhoods to achieve their dreams. Our mission is to build communities of families and college students that empower youth to recognize their options, make informed decisions and achieve their dreams. DREAM’s unique Village Mentoring model is a shift from traditional one-on-one mentoring to a more community oriented approach, building a strong social support network around each participant. All of our DREAM youth receive consistent, year-round DREAM programming, from elementary school through high school graduation and into college and career. DREAM is growing organization, seeking to increase its impact and reach.
YOUR POTENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
● Researching and prospecting donors and grants.
● Managing data in a Salesforce database.
● Supporting grant writing and writing grants.
● Special Event management.
● Compiling solicitation materials; soliciting and acknowledging donors.
● Supporting conference calls and meetings (e.g., developing agenda and taking notes).
● Managing social media and other external communications.
IT HELPS IF YOU HAVE…
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
● At least 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
● Competence in project management.
● Exceptional writing and communication skills.
● A flexible schedule – able to attend trips and night meetings.
● An outlook that remains steadfastly optimistic in times of rapid change.
● Creativity, energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
● A team-first attitude, able to enthusiastically and positively contribute to the greater organization.
● Desire to engage in the startup phase of a non-profit organization.
● A good sense of humor and contagious energy.
● Living Stipend of $12,312
● Eli Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550
● $150 Monthly Housing Stipend
● Health Care Coverage
Interested applicants should apply online at
Any questions regarding the position or application process should be directed to email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.