Development Assistant, Chester Fund for Education and the Arts
Posted by Chester Fund for Education and the Arts on July 27, 2015
Development Assistant (Full-time position)
The Chester Fund for Education and the Arts/Chester Charter School for the Arts
The Chester Fund for Education and the Arts (TCF) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) that raises substantial private funds, augmenting public allotments, to create Chester Charter School for the Arts’ stellar academic program. To learn more about CCSA and TCF, visit http://www.chestercharterschoolforthearts.org and http://www.thechesterfund.org
Organizational Structure/Working Relationships
• Reports to Director of Development and Director of Annual Giving.
• Process all donations and in-kind gifts; generate acknowledgements to donors for all gifts; notify Leadership Team of personal thank-you notes and phone calls as needed.
• Ensure audit-worthy management of all paper and electronic records relating to donors, volunteers and prospects.
• Assist with development of solicitations and financial reporting.
• Assist in maintaining and updating donor/volunteer files.
• Manage Office Calendar.
• Coordinate logistics for mailings, including submitting mail house requests.
• Provide assistance with special office mailings and projects, including Summer Annual Report, Back-to-School Mailing, Foundation and Donor Correspondence.
• Process expense receipts/reimbursement requests for development staff.
• Order office supplies, interface with vendors, and keep office equipment serviceable.
• Answer phones and distribute messages; welcome visitors to the Development Office, and direct them to the appropriate staff person.
• Support and attend events, as requested, including Career Day, Reading Beach Club and pop-up art shows.
• Identify and manage volunteer assignments including Career Day.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, the education of underserved youth.
• 1-2 years of relevant organizational and office experience.
• Superior oral, organizational, and written skills.
• Familiarity and facility with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and DonorSnap or similar donor software.
• BA/BS required.
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, reply immediately by sending cover letter, resume and any salary requirements to: Hillary Sorin at email@example.com
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.