Development and Communications Dir, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
Posted by on July 29, 2005
DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
The Partnership for the Delaware Estuary?s Development & Communications Director will assist the Executive Director with the design, development and implementation of the fundraising strategy and external communications.
1. Strong organizational and coordination skills
2. Ability to build effective work teams
3. Strong attention to detail
4. Demonstrated ability in successful community relations
5. Excellent written/verbal communication skills
6. Demonstrated ability in researching grant opportunities
7. Demonstrated ability in preparing grant proposals and other fundraising strategies
8. Knowledge of resource development
9. Demonstrated ability to maximize effectiveness of staff
10. Knowledge of budgeting and record keeping
11. Computer knowledge (word processing, data entry)
12. 3-6 years experience working in development and communications
13. A Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college
1. Assist Executive Director in assuring that the objectives of the Partnership are implemented by generating financial and public support for program activities that relate to the organization?s mission, through a concentration in the areas of fundraising and communications efforts.
2. To motivate, prepare and support the Board to reach the organization?s fundraising goals.
3. Supervise Marketing & Communications Specialist. Research, prepare and track status of funding proposals to government agencies, foundations, corporations and other potential sources.
4. Assure that project staff to prepare required reports and invoicing for grants.
5. Work with the Development Committee to prepare annual appeal materials including the annual activity report, membership materials.
6. Work with the Special Events Committee to prepare sponsorship packages for the annual dinner and other activities.
7. Encourage and cultivate donors and sources of support on an ongoing basis.
8. Oversee writing and editing of Estuary News.
9. Oversee writing and editing of other organizational printed materials including brochures, folders, reports, fact sheets, etc.
10. Oversee Partnership?s website.
11. Lead in the development and implementation of the Partnership?s public relations plan.
12. Provide staff support to the Development Committee, and Public Relations Committee.
13. Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and public functions.
14. Help to build overall organizational capacity.
15. Interpret and communicate the objectives and programs to the community.
16. Maintain accurate donor records and giving histories.
17. Assist with organizational events.
18. Other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
The results of the Development and Communications Director’s efforts will be to move forward implementation of the Estuary Program?s Plan by raising funds to support activities and to increase the visibility of the organization both regionally and nationally.
Closing date for applying: Friday, August 12, 2005.
Please send resumes and two writing samples to Kathy Klein at KKlein@delawareestuary.org, or at Partnership for the Delaware Estuary, 1 Riverwalk Plaza, 110 South Poplar Street, Suite 202, Wilmington, DE, 19801.
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.