National Youth Leadership Council
Developing Youth Leaders at the Nobel Peace Prize Forum Minneapolis
September 14-15, 2018, Minneapolis, MN, Augsburg University Campus
This new leadership opportunity is open to youth (entering grades 7-12 in 2018) and adult teams. Adult partners attend the Nobel Peace Prize Forum Minneapolis and then join their youth team for the final session of each day.
$75/student for the two-day leadership training, including access to Nobel Peace Prize laureates and selected world leaders.
$100/adult mentor for the two-day access to Nobel Peace Prize Forum (discount of more than $30 off general admission), plus two training session with your youths, and opportunity to apply for service-learning grant..
Join NYLC for a two-day immersion in leadership development, which supports youths in exploring their identities and leadership skills through interactions with their peers, and with Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.
What Youth Participants Do:
- Listen Generously to different perspectives and personal experiences including those of 2016 Nobel Peace Prize laureate President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia, and 2017 laureate, the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
- Stay Engaged in meaningful leadership activities.
- Experience Discomfort by pushing boundaries, from team-building to difficult conversations about power and privilege.
- Speak Your Truth about your own story, and recognize the knowledge and expertise you already have.
Participants will experience:
- The ability to work together with people of all backgrounds.
- Allies to support leadership development and a service-learning action plan.
- The tools and knowledge to create equitable change.
- Motivation to take action for the common good.
Learn more and register today!
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.