Center for Employment Opportunities
Deputy Executive Director, Center for Employment Opportunities
We’re seeking a resilient and passionate Deputy Executive Director to oversee CEO’s programs in our Mid-Atlantic region, which includes our Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Memphis offices, as well as an additional region which will result from CEO’s continued expansion. The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams and growing programs within fast-paced, results-focused, and dynamic environments.
The Deputy Executive Director will ensure that all offices with the region are on track to meet performance outcomes and operate sustainably, as well as hire, lead, and develop a high-performing team of regional leadership and support staff who ensure all operational and programmatic aspects of the CEO model run smoothly.
This is a new position for CEO that will grow our Mid-Atlantic programs and resources as well as oversee the next region that comes online for CEO. The Deputy Executive Director will oversee the revenue and growth strategy for the region, cultivating and expanding partnerships with philanthropic stakeholders, social enterprise customers, and community partners.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 10-12 years of demonstrated leadership experience within a mission-driven organization
- You demonstrate deep dedication to achieving personal, team, and organizational goals and have deep experience catalyzing a team to achieve performance/contractual outcomes
- You have experience building, managing, and growing a diverse team and in developing trusting relationships with individuals with a range of experiences and abilities
- You have experience managing program budgets in excess of $1m, engaging with funders and generating revenue for programs
- You’re a strong communicator (written, verbal, technical) and have experience engaging and persuading a diverse array of stakeholders
- You’re diligent and hold yourself and others accountable to deadlines and outcomes no matter a project’s complexity
- You have experience developing systems and processes to address business challenges
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- You have the ability to travel (with a valid Driver’s License and vehicle) several times a month to support your team
- You preferably have a working knowledge of criminal justice and workforce development
- Ensure implementation of the CEO model with fidelity and exercise accountability for the program and financial performance of the sites within the region you oversee
- Ensure all sites reach operating sustainability and have high-quality social enterprise operations in place
- Develop strategies, when necessary, to improve the program performance of sites
- Build capacity on your team to ensure CEO staff receive the professional development, coaching, and supervision needed to achieve success
- Cultivate and drive a culture of performance management by monitoring and holding oneself and others accountable for outcomes through data review and analysis
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of program outcomes for multi-site grant agreements, developing systems and processes when needed to manage these
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate program and operational staff, including Regional Director and support roles
- Oversee the growth, revenue (government contracts, earned revenue, and grant funding), and external relationship strategy for all sites, identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and constituents
- Serve as a key member of the National Leadership team
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.