City of Philadelphia
Deputy Director, Operations – Office of Reentry Partnerships
The Office of Reentry Partnerships (ORP), was formed in August 2019 and charged with elevating and organizing citywide reentry efforts and supporting the Kenney administrations goals for violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and community reinvestment. ORPs mission is to empower returning citizens, partner organizations, and the public to interrupt the cycle of recidivism and build thriving communities. As Philadelphias hub for reentry referrals, resources, and training, the goals of the Office of Reentry Partnerships are to: 1) Set a clear vision and direction for a measurable citywide approach to improving reentry outcomes; 2) Drive and sustain an unprecedented level of coordination between the local government, other government partners, service providers, education and training programs, employers, and community members; and 3) ensure that City reentry initiatives are research- and data-driven. Examples of initiatives managed or staffed by the Office of Reentry Partnerships include RISE, the Philadelphia Reentry Coalition, and Neighborhood Resource Centers.
ORP is part of the Criminal Justice and Public Safety (CJPS) Cabinet in the Managing Directors Office. The Deputy Managing Director of Criminal Justice and Public Safety oversees a cluster of agencies including the Office of Reentry Partnerships, Office of Criminal Justice, Office of Violence Prevention, Department of Prisons, Police Department, Fire Department, Office of Emergency Management, the Department of Licenses & Inspections, and the Counsel Fees Unit. Additionally, the division serves as the liaison to the First Judicial District, District Attorneys Office, the Sheriffs Office, and the Defenders Association.
The Deputy Director for Operations will provide leadership and management of the daily operation of ORP, including responsibility for managing daily operations, implementing programmatic initiatives, managing multiple levels of staff, and formulating office policies and procedures. This senior level management position will report directly to the Senior Director of ORP, and work closely with the Deputy Director for Strategy and Planning and other senior staff.
- Provide leadership and management of the daily operations of ORP, including but not limited to programmatic initiatives and/or services, staff policies and procedures, administrative office functions, and budget.
- Work closely with ORP Senior Director and the Deputy Director for Strategy and Planning to enable ORP to achieve its mandates, including setting a clear vision and direction for a comprehensive citywide approach to reentry, and developing partnerships to create a robust citywide network of services that meet the needs of people transitioning from incarceration and measurably improve reentry outcomes in Philadelphia.
- Leverage emerging research to help advance programmatic goals and bring greater cohesion to ORP activities and services, including, but not limited to: reentry, public health and harm reduction principles, high-quality service delivery, authentic community engagement, credible messengers/mentoring, etc.
- Create and operationalize a culture of authentic and ongoing partnership with people, families, and communities most directly impacted by reentry.
- Develop program policies and procedures to support the operational workflow of all ORP activities and programs; be responsible for communication and implementation of all new policies and procedures for ORP staff; and ensure that all ORP office policies and procedures are documented, filed, and kept current in ORP operations manual.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, hiring, and onboarding (working with appropriate City departments), and identifying opportunities for staff development and advancement (working with the Director of Training).
- Provide constructive supervision for all direct reports including ongoing performance feedback.
- Responsible for managing ORPs budget, working closely with other senior staff at ORP and the CJPS Director of Finance and Administration.
- Represent the City of Philadelphia in a variety of events and meetings with internal and external stakeholders, as well as in the media.
- Ensure ORP compliance with all City policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.