Day of Caring at BuildABridge
Posted by on August 25, 2008
United Way Day of Caring with BuildABridge
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
BuildaBridge is proud to announce that we have been chosen by the United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania as a project site for their 2008 Day of Caring! Days of Caring provide an opportunity for the corporate community to participate in hands-on volunteer experiences at nonprofits throughout the region. This year, BuildaBridge will be partnering with staff from Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company.
We are looking for additional volunteers to help us get ready for the renovation of our new Community Studio!
* Re-lay the historic 19th century brick sidewalk around the BuildaBridge house in Germantown
* Spread topsoil in preparation for landscaping
* Clean out the carriage house that will become the BuildaBridge Community Studio
The project will be taking place from 9:00-5:00, but even dropping in for a couple of hours during the day would be a huge help!
If you are interested in getting involved with either of these opportunities, or if you have questions, please contact me. We would welcome your participation as BuildaBridge grows to better serve kids around the world!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
- Near Peer Coaches for 1st & 2nd Year Temple students
- Shelter Health Outreach Program: Collaborators and Donations Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.