City of Philadelphia
Data Manager, Mayors Office of Education
- Establish a collaborative environment where knowledge is shared across disciplines on a regular basis to advance initiatives and projects.
- Develop, clarify, assign, and oversee the design of project scopes, definition of deliverables, and the achievement of targeted outcomes and timelines.
- Ensure data project requirements are achieved in a timely fashion and within budget guidelines.
- Develop, refine, and manage tools to track data and research assignments, ensure transparency of assignments and knowledge sharing, and track the timely progress and completion of data and research projects.
- Work closely with the MOE team to ensure the alignment of data projects to programmatic needs.
- Convene and chair data and research project meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare reports, status summaries, and presentations for a variety of audiences including leadership as well schools and providers.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with stakeholders and senior leadership about projects.
- Plan, organize and direct the work activities of MOE staff, contracted staff, consultants, and other data, technology, and research personnel assigned to the team.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with supervisees, peers, supervisor, and departmental leaders.
- Lead additional data and research projects and tasks as assigned.
- Masters degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science or similar fields, required.
- Minimum of 3 5 years of data and research project supervision experience, required.
- Proficiency in SQL, GIS or other mapping tools, required.
- Ability to produce high-quality written, graphic and digital communications that translate technical and financial content into readable publications, with an emphasis on mapping and data visualization.
- 5+ years experience using GIS tools
- 5+ years experience in business analysis, process mapping, and project management
- Extensive experience in software tools such as MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with short and long-term research design and analysis and the delivery of research products for lay/practitioner audiences.
- Demonstrate effective supervision and management skills, such as establishing collaborative team structure and mechanisms, conflict/issue resolution, the ability to direct a project, and the ability to ensure a successful project lifecycle.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with stakeholders participating in this project.
- Demonstrate analytical and presentation skills, strategic thinking, and high professional ethics.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, leadership, associates, outside consultants and vendors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with mixed methods research design and data analyses.
- Demonstrate experience with leading multiple, simultaneous data projects and with delivering such projects by the agreed deadline.
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits.
- Reflective and seeks feedback.
- Exceptional cultural competency and proficiency.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.