Data Management Technician, Campaign for Working Families
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Position Description: Data Management Technician
Reports to: Tech Team Manager, Campaign for Working Families
The Campaign for Working Families (The Campaign) provides expanded income security to low-wage workers in the Philadelphia region by increasing their access to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other federal credits, low cost financial services, improved financial planning, and public benefits. The Campaign for Working Families provides access to free tax preparation services which is focused on providing the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) to all eligible constituents. During the tax season, the Campaign runs a number of free tax sites throughout Philadelphia that provide free tax assistance. It also connects Philadelphia residents to other tax credits, public benefits and asset-building resources. The Campaign’s goal is to help working families move up the economic ladder.
Purpose of Position:
This is a seasonal position responsible for working on The Campaign’s Tech Team with primary responsibility for management of data. This individual will be key to enabling The Campaign to fully accessing a centralized data base and obtaining reports required for funding and statistical purposes via the NTA specialized software. He/she may be required to support the coordination, maintenance and delivery of the hardware/software and ancillary equipment necessary for tax preparation and electronic filing at the Campaign’s various tax sites. He/she may be assigned special projects related to the Campaign’s IT and data management needs. Ultimately this person will provide a template for the storage, creation and access to the data and reports necessary for both funders and statistical purposes:
Length of Appointment:
November-April; Average of 15-25 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities
• Install and Uninstall tax software onto computers.
• Provide set up and close down of tax site in terms of equipment including computers, printers and internet or dial up modems,etc.
• Provide day-to-day technical support for hardware and software needs to The Campaign sites throughout the filing season.
• Create template for the storage, creation and access to the data and reports necessary for empirical and reporting purposes.
• Maintain and report weekly backups and data collection materials to Operations Director.
• Support the development of resources for software/hardware maintenance, repairs and upgrades.
• Provide technical phone support to end users on a variety of application and hardware issues.
• Provide day-to-day technical support for hardware and software needs to volunteer sites throughout the filing season.
• Formal education (minimum two years at secondary educational level) and working knowledge of software, particularly Access and database management.
• Ability to learn and create reports from the NTA software
• Ability to create and maintain a database of both data and reports
• Ability to learn electronic filing procedures and tax software program, including the electronic transmission of tax returns.
• Basic computer skills for developing training modules and training aides.
• Ability to acquire basic Tax law knowledge (Form 1040, Form 1040A and Form 1040EZ).
• Evening & Saturday availability
• Ability to interact with Campaign and site management team and the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot PC, software and printer issues.
• Enthusiasm and flexibility are key to success in this position.
Resumes along with cover letters should be directed to:
Mildred Chavarria, Director of Operations
Campaign for Working Families
1207 Chestnut St., 5th floor
Phila., PA 19107
or e-mail: email@example.com
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
- Learning Pod and Resource Center: Educators Needed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.