Data Coordinator, PowerCorpsPHL
Launched in September 2013, PowerCorpsPHL is a City of Philadelphia AmeriCorps initiative. Operated in partnership with EducationWorks and the Philadelphia Youth Network, PowerCorpsPHL engages Opportunity Youth in transforming their lives through service. PowerCorpsPHL enrolls members in full time AmeriCorps service for 6 months with City departments to tackle pressing environmental challenges, including the need for improved stormwater management, increased tree coverage, and revitalized public land. Through a rigorous combination of service and training, corps members develop and practice essential 21st Century workforce skills, including time management, conflict resolution, accountability, teamwork, leadership, and network building. As PowerCorpsPHL alumni, individuals receive the customized support they need to secure career-track employment, pursue post-secondary education, and/or enroll in additional national service.
Successful staff and leaders within PowerCorpsPHL embrace their affiliation with AmeriCorps and share a number of common characteristics: commitment to the mission and goals of the program, dedication to their role in achieving those goals, and willingness to work across teams to create and maintain a strong program culture capable of creating opportunity and overcoming challenges.
The Data Coordinator is responsible for the management of all client- and AmeriCorps grant-related data. Reporting to the PowerCorpsPHL Assistant Director of Data & Compliance, the Data Coordinator will ensure data entry, record-keeping, and grant-related administrative processes are completed with accuracy and in compliance with associated guidelines. The Data Coordinator will work closely with program and finance staff to ensure all grant-related administration and reporting is carried out with consistency and fidelity.
The Data Coordinator will:
• Ensure timely, accurate, and compliant administration of the grant-related processes, including but not limited to Corps member recruitment, enrollment and exits, time tracking, and file maintenance, as well as quarterly internal audits to ensure compliance
• Coordinate the corps member recruitment processes managing the application and multi-step interview process with applicants, maintaining communication with applicants and their recruitment partners
• Maintain data management systems, including but not limited to managing data entry and associated tasks in Egrants, OnCorps, and internal program databases, and data collection and tracking internal member and project management data systems
• Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data for use in external meetings and internal program evaluation and development
• Inventory and Event support, including but not limited to managing stock, orders, and distribution of member uniforms and other program supplies
• Establish and foster, with diverse partners, positive relationships and open, informative and effective communication
• Demonstrate high level of enthusiasm for and ability to convey the PowerCorpsPHL mission to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner
• Exercise sound judgment
Professionalism and Professional Development
• Self direct and assume full ownership over responsibilities
• Set clear direction and accountability for staff while offering opportunities to share resources, obtain professional development and advancement to reach goals and objectives
• Provide clear communication and high level of organization to all staff; including sound written and oral communication skills
• Present strong problem solving processes
• Commit to professional development to advance skill growth of serving urban youth
Cultural Competence and Inclusion
• Promote inclusive behaviors and practices and equity among staff; setting high standard for open dialogue and problem solving
Adolescent Development and Empowerment
• Commit to the advancement of urban youth; including staff development
• Evaluate program effectiveness and build capacity to develop systems and align resources to optimize success
• Develop relationships and plans to advance the goals of the PowerCorpsPHL program
• Excel and PowerPoint proficiency, including ability to create, combine, manipulate, and visualize data within and across spreadsheets and presentations
• Online training related to compliance
• Interpersonal, relationship bulding through compliance-related direct service with members
Preferred, but not required Competencies
• prior knowledge of AmeriCorps administrative, compliance-related work
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with earliest available start date.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.